How long will it take to get my order?
- Aluminum and Bronze products are often stocked and usually ship in 5-7 days. Pewter products are made to order and usually ship in 3-5 business days but may take longer. Shell Inlay products are made to order and usually ship in 2-3 weeks. For larger orders please email or call for availability.
- Lead times do not include shipping time. If there is a backorder on items, you will be notified via email within two business days of placing your order. All orders will be shipped UPS ground, unless otherwise requested, and delivery time is not guaranteed. Note, prices do not include shipping and handling.
May I cancel my order?
- Yes, all cancellations must be made to Metal Tile Store in writing via e-mail within 24 hours of the original order.
Do you offer expedited shipping?
- When ordering online, please select the shipping method when checking out. Next Day, 2 Day and 3 Day Select are available.
Can I return the tile if I don’t like it?
- All products are hand-made with natural materials and variations in color or dimension are not deemed cause for return. Always inspect your product before installed, as installation signifies acceptance. Product that has been handled, damaged or installed may not be returned.
- Bronze or Aluminum products must be in their original condition to qualify for potential return. Pewter and Stone with Shell Inlay products are considered special orders and may not be returned for any reason. We recommend purchasing a sample of these items before purchasing a large quantity to insure satisfaction.
- Metal Tile Store must receive a return request in writing via e-mail within 5 days of delivery for returns or exchanges to be considered and are subject to a re-stocking fee of 20% for stocked items and 35% for special order items, less shipping charges, if accepted. Metal Tile Store reserves the right to refuse returns or exchanges.
What forms of payment are accepted? I am nervous about giving my credit card information over the internet. Is it safe?
- Your order will be processed securely with PayPal. PayPal and credit card payments are accepted and all payments are due at time of order placement. Metal Tile Store does not begin order processing until payment is received.
Will all the product be exactly the same?
- All our products are hand-made and hand-finished in the USA. Because of this process, each piece will show slight inherent variations. Our tiles are intended for wall and floor use, unless otherwise noted, in normal traffic conditions. Variations in color or dimension are not deemed cause for return.
How do I install Metal Tile Store accents?
- Our accent tiles install like any other tile. We suggest the following installation tips:
- Use a professional, knowledgeable, and experienced installer.
- Depending on what type of tile, different types of latex modified thin sets are available. CFlex Pro is suggested for the strongest bond.
- Allow the adhesive used to apply metal tile accents to dry completely before grouting.
- Cover the metal tile accent while installing to keep grout out of the design and prevent scratching.
How do I maintain solid metal tiles?
- Avoid acidic or harsh, abrasive chemicals for cleaning. Do not use ammonia based cleaning products. Never use steel wool or scouring pads as this will cause damage to the metal. To clean, use a soft cotton cloth or sponge, warm soapsuds or gentle dish detergent. Dry immediately after rinsing to eliminate spotting.
- Pewter & Aluminum - Household cleaners such as Windex or Fantastic are ideal. Use a dusting type motion being careful not to exert much force on the surface of tile.
- Bronze - We recommend a periodic light coat of Butcher’s Wax. Once dry, apply a light coat of Butcher’s Wax and buff. The tiles need only a dusting with a damp cloth.
Do you recommend installing metal tiles on the floor?
- Metal tiles are intended primarily for wall installations but may be installed in floor applications. Be aware that while our solid metal tiles are durable, they may be scratched and may be permanently damaged or the finish may change if exposed to abrasion. This is not deemed cause for return or refund. Metal Tile Store is not responsible for the inherent durability of the metal.
What kind of surface can I install tiles onto?
- Install only on stable, flat and clean substrates. Do not install directly on particle board, wood of any kind, or drywall. If you have these surfaces to work with, attach a cement backer board to the substrate to establish a flat, solid surface.
What about installation in submerged surfaces, like pools, spas and showers?
- Water installations are relatively complex and should be handled by a professional. When installing in showers we recommend an additional clear sealant be applied to the finished installation to ensure waterproofing. Our tiles are not intended for prolonged submersion in water because over time all metal will begin to breakdown.
Can metal tiles be installed outdoors?
- Yes, they can be installed in outdoor applications with the same considerations noted above for exposure to abrasion. It should be noted that exposure to elements such as rain, snow and temperature change can over time affect the color of metal. All metal will ‘patina’ or change in color over time and this process is enhanced by weather.
Can Stone & Shell Inlay tiles be installed outdoors?
- We do not recommend installing Stone & Shell Inlay accents outdoors.
Can I cut accent tiles?
- You may cut metal tiles with hack saw, jig/saber saw, or band saw using bi-metal blade but it is NOT recommended. Cutting the tiles may damage the finish of the tiles and damaged product may not be returned. We do NOT recommend cutting Stone & Shell Inlay accents.
- Metal Tile Store is not responsible for any damage and or injury resulting from any use or installation of Metal Tile Store products.
ALL DESIGNS COPYRIGHT METAL TILE STORE